The ponytail is one of the go-to hairstyles every girl uses. It’s quick, it’s easy and it gets hair out of the way. I love putting my hair up in a ponytail on days when I just don’t want to deal with spending hours on styling it (which is pretty often, trust me) but still want my hair to look good somehow. However, the regular ponytail tends to look boring pretty quickly. If you love doing a ponytail as much as I do, check out these ponytail tips and tricks every girl should know.
- DOUBLE UP – if you want a longer and fuller-looking ponytail, make two of them that are stacked up. Make sure to make the lower ponytail as subtle as you can. It helps if you have some texture in your hair when doing this trick.
- KNOT IT – if you’re getting tired of the usual look of your ponytail, why not spice it up a little bit by knotting it to the side? You don’t need any kind of special hair tool to do this as long as your hair is long enough and it only takes about 3 minutes to do.
- CURL FROM A PONYTAIL – did you know that your ponytail isn’t just good for keeping your hair away from your face but also for making some seriously quick curls? If you’re in a hurry, simply put your hair up in a ponytail and curl your hair into manageable sections (while still in ponytail). Once you’re done, undo your ponytail and, voila, quick curls! This cuts curling time up to half.
- PERKY PONY – hate how your ponytail looks so lonely sagging down and just lifelessly hanging from the back of your head? Give it that extra pop and make it look fun and perky by simply bumping it up from the underside with bobby pins. Now your ponytail will look livelier and bouncier.
- NO MORE CREASE – if you always wear your hair in a ponytail for hours every day, you know how annoying that crease is after you take your ponytail off. The simple solution to avoiding that crease is to simply change up your elastics. Look for ponytail elastics like the Invisibobble or those creaseless hair ties that Kendall Jenner helped popularize.
- TEASE THE TAIL – want a fuller-looking ponytail without having to add anything to your hair? The answer is super simple: tease the tail. Teasing the tail will make it look fuller and fluffier instantly. Don’t forget to set it with hairspray to make the look last all day long.