Prep time: Serves: 6
For the dressing:
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass or ginger paste
- a couple BIG squeezes of lime juice (to taste)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
For the salad:
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles (regular rice noodles are fine, too)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5-6 cups baby kale or spinach
- 3 large carrots, cut into small, thin pieces*
- 3 bell peppers, cut into small, thin pieces*
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 green onions, green parts only, chopped
- ½ cup cashews or peanuts
- PREP: Start soaking the rice noodles in a bowl of cold water. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- DRESSING: Pulse all the dressing ingredients in a food processor EXCEPT peanut butter. Place the chicken in a plastic bag and use about ¼ to ½ cup of the dressing (without peanut butter) to marinate the chicken in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes. Add the peanut butter to the dressing in the food processor; pulse, then taste and adjust. Set aside.
- VEGGIES: Prep all your veggies and toss together in a bowl.
- CHICKEN: Bake the marinated chicken for 15-20 minutes. Rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut and add to the veggies.
- NOODLES: Drain the noodles (they should be softened at this point). Finish cooking them in a skillet over medium high heat. Add a little oil and a little dressing and toss them around until they are soft and pliable (if you need to add a little water to soften them, that works, too).
- ASSEMBLY: Toss stir-fried noodles with the chicken and veggie mixture. Serve hot or cold. Top with extra peanuts and cilantro (and dressing, and lime juice, and sesame seeds, and…)