Here are 15 easy ways to inject some gratitude for you into your day:
1. Stop chastising yourself for not being further along in a certain process or towards a certain goal. Appreciate how far you’ve come.
2. Look in the mirror and compliment yourself. (This is one you can do every day.)
3. When you find yourself speaking negatively about yourself, stop. Immediately. And think of a compliment instead.
4. Accept compliments with grace instead of deflecting them.
5. Write down ten things you love about yourself. Refer to it any time you start to feel unhappy about yourself.
6. Schedule a special date with yourself.
7. Eat the extra helping without feeling guilty — if it’s what you really want.
8. Make a list of ways you’ve made a difference in others’ lives.
9. Smile more.
10. Listen to your heart.
12. Take time regularly to do what makes you happy. (Even if it’s 30 minutes a week to get a pedicure or hit the gym. It makes a huge difference.)
13. Express yourself more. The world needs what you have.
14. Ask yourself “What do I really want?” instead of “What should I want?” And do it.
15. Write a letter to yourself, thanking you for being you.