Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
- 6 medium-ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 handful slivered almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the inside of a 3.5-qt. baking dish and arrange the sliced peaches in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the turbinado sugar evenly over the peaches.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat to mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the milk and mix just until the batter comes together. Spoon/dollop the batter over the peaches, spread it a bit, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of turbinado sugar.
- Bake the cobbler for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Garnish with slivered almonds, if you’d like.