adplus-dvertising

Best Diet Strategies to Get Back to Pre-Pregnancy Shape!

Most women think it is impossible to get back to pre-pregnancy shape after giving birth. Well, that’s where they are wrong. It may not be easy to lose the extra weight after giving birth, but it is certainly not impossible. All you need is a diet and exercise strategy that can help you shed the extra pounds sustainably. We’ll tell you how you can achieve your weight loss goals. First, you have got to know that your weight loss strategy must include a proper diet. Yes, diet is 70 percent of your weight loss plan. Your exercise regime forms the rest of the 30 percent. Follow along with these dietary hacks to lose those extra pounds.

Stay Hydrated

Drinking more water seems a no-brainer, but there are very few of us who follow this simple strategy. We hardly drink water or just far less than what we ideally should in a day. Women when breastfeeding need to drink far more water than others.

However, hydration needs vary from person to person. So you need to gauge whether you are drinking enough water. A good way to find out is to check the color of your urine. Pale yellow urine indicates proper hydration while if your urine turns to a darker shade of yellow, it is a clear indication that you need to increase your water intake.

Track Your Calories

Fuel your body with the right amount of calories, and this will boost up your energy and increase your milk supply. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a breastfeeding mother ideally should consume approximately 2,300 to 2,500 calories per day, a slightly higher amount in comparison to 1,800 to 2,000 calories for a non-breastfeeding woman. However, what works for one may not work for another. Your calorie intake usually depends on several factors such as body size, activity level, age, and how much you are breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding more, you may have to amp up your calorie intake more.

Eat the Rainbow

Not only should you eat more veggies but also you need to ensure that you do not leave out any major food groups from your diet just like that. Since you have just given birth and are still breastfeeding, you may need more nutrients than any other woman, so leaving out a complete food group will not be a wise decision. Hence, include all the required nutrients in your diet. You can get these from several food sources, such as veggies, fruits, whole-grain, and milk products.

You needn’t sacrifice one food group for the other, because when you eliminate complete food groups and follow fad diets, you may end up harming yourself. Such decisions can make you suffer far more nutritional deficiencies and other such health issues. A wholesome balanced diet is the best way to stay fit and healthy. Talk to a doctor and find out whether you require any extra vitamins to help you stay healthy. Just make sure to not miss out on valuable nutrients.

Cut Down on Your Caffeine Intake

As you are feeding the baby, whatever you eat or drink may pass onto your breastmilk and affect the baby too. So make sure you do not overdo the caffeine part of your nutrients. Whether it is coffee, green tea, or chocolate, it all adds up and may cross the recommended amount of caffeine a day, that is 300 milligrams or less.

Chuck the Empty Calories

Breastfeeding may make a woman more hungry than ever, so stop snacking on foods that contain high quantities of added sugar, sodium, saturated fat, and other stuff that may derail your weight loss regime. Avoid having too many fried foods, soft drinks, and desserts. These are some of the foods that may affect your diet and cause you more harm than good.

Stay Away From Food That Is High in Mercury

If you’re breastfeeding, ensure that you avoid high-mercury seafood and fish, such as tuna, orange roughy, king mackerel, marlin, shark, and swordfish. Instead, you should eat fish such as salmon, shrimp, cod, tilapia, trout, and halibut. Such fish are high in nutrition value and may help you get the inflammation-lowering all-important omega-3 fatty acids.

Apart from following the other diet strategies, try and participate in more activity. If you can include at least 30 minutes of workouts every day, it can do you great benefits. You can sneak in a workout when your baby is sleeping. Also, get as much rest as you can. This will help you get the energy back and get rid of the extra weight.