The holidays right around the corner, and covid 19 may be impacting your daily routine and social life, but it doesn’t have to ruin the joy and excitement that you’ve grown to love this time of year. You might be wondering how to help get in the Christmas spirit this year, or perhaps how to help your friends and family get into the holidays and leave behind the bad news that seems to bombard us all day long. One of the best ways to help you get in the mood and feel better about this time of year is with scented candles.
Our olfactory senses are strong and tied closely to our memories and experiences. We’ve all had a smell bring us back to a time long past, whether it’s the fall leaves, pumpkin pie, Christmas baking, sunscreen – you name it, and you probably have a strong memory tied in with it.
T’is the season to be burning candles.
It’s the best time of year to be burning scented candles and getting the most of what they have to offer. As the weather turns colder, we tend to stay home a bit more. Especially this year!
It’s time to stay home with a cozy blanket, a cup of hot liquid and the pleasant aroma and peaceful glow of a scented candle. Here are our top 11 Christmas candle scents for you and yours to enjoy this holiday season. We’ve included some classics and more contemporary smells.
The List. Yes, we checked it twice.
- Candy Cane: This mouth-watering peppermint flavour offers a robust, clean seasonal smell that is loved by many.
- Christmas Coffee: A great mix of assorted dried fruits and mulled spices with a robust dark coffee and eggnog.
- Frostbite: It’s cold outside! Stay warm with this favourite all winter with the refreshing fragrance of cool wintergreen.
- Gingerbread: Freshly baked, sweet yet spicy. A seaonsal favourite for any room of your home, not only the kitchen.
- Red Current and Ivy: A little less known but still hugely popular holiday fragrance. Smells of sweet red current berries and lush ivy with just a hint of frost!
- Sugared Spruce: One of the class top ten Christmas scented candles! A festive spruce scent with a hint of warm vanilla bean. A kick of spiced mulberry gives this one a holiday scented twist!
- Berries and Pine: Smells just like it sounds. A sweet mix of berries and refreshing pine.
- Spiced Rum and Eggnog: This one isn’t for everyone, but if you’re into the eggnog and like to add a little something extra. You will love this candle! It’s sweet, creamy and full of holiday fun with a golden spiced rum smell.
- Holiday Wassail: Another classic, loved by nearly everyone. It smells of mulled apple cider, blended with a touch of citrus, cinnamon and clove! It reminds us of a warm, zesty punch over the holidays.
- Christmas Pine: The only classic, true to life pine scent!
- Peppermint Twist: A cool blend of peppermint and sweet sugar with a hint of vanilla. Yum!
For yourself, or friends and family – somebody will enjoy these fragrances this Christmas season. There is something for every candle lover and all that love the holiday season.