- 6 10” English-style bone-in beef short ribs (about 10 lb.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated peeled horseradish or 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 lemons, halve
- Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper; place in a large roasting pan and chill, uncovered, 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toast breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add 1 cup water to roasting pan. Cover pan with foil and cook until meat is tender, 2½–3 hours. Uncover pan and increase oven temperature to 400°. Roast until ribs are browned on top, 25–30 minutes longer.
- When short ribs are almost done, mix garlic, parsley, horseradish, lemon zest and juice, breadcrumbs, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season gremolata with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lemons, cut side down, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Top short ribs with gremolata and serve with seared lemons.