Spicy chicken breasts are served with quinoa packed with herbs, pomegranate and colorful vegetables for a tasty and nutritious meal.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 120g each)
- generous pinch of Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 160g quinoa
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 20g spring onions, chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- small pack mint, roughly chopped
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 20g pomegranate seeds
- 40g edamame beans
- 30g Peppadew peppers
- 100g beetroot (not in vinegar), sliced
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50g feta, cut into cubes
- 80g mangoes, cut into chunks
- lemon zest, to serve (optional)
- sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 180 C/160 C fan/gas 4. Rub the chicken with the Cajun seasoning until coated. Heat a heavy-based griddle pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and color on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil a saucepan of water. Rinse the quinoa under cold water, then put in the pan. Cook for 15 mins, then drain in a sieve. 3 In a food processor, add nearly all the chili, spring onions (reserve some of each to serve), the spinach, mint and coriander, and blend to a smooth purée.
- Add the purée to the quinoa and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chicken, and combine well. Season to taste. Divide the quinoa mix over 2 plates, top each with chicken and serve sprinkled with the lemon zest, sesame seeds, reserved chili and spring onions and lime wedges, if you like.