Food remains an integral part of your life and supplies the important nutrients to your body and satisfies your taste buds. There is absolutely no limit of being creative in cooking.
Ingredients For Broth
1 white onion
1 medium sized carrot
3 to 4 dried mushrooms (shiitake)
1/2 green cabbage
80 ounces chicken bones
1 tsp ginger
1 (4-inch square piece of dried kelp)
5 ounces mirin (rice wine)
8 ounces soy sauce
4 ounces bonito flakes
In order to prepare a delicious broth you have to take a large pot and mix together ginger, onion, chicken bones, carrot, and cabbage etc.
Once you add all the above-mentioned broth ingredients in the pot, fill it with water (approximately 3 quarts) and bring it to boil over medium flames. After some time minimize the flame and let it simmer for nearly 4 hours.
After boiling the stock for around 4 hours, you then need to add the remaining broth ingredients in the pot such as bonito flakes, kombu, and mushrooms etc., and then continue to boil it on low heat for an hour. After that remove the pot from the gas stove and shift the stock to another pot by straining it.
Once you have shifted the stock to another pot you need to add mirin and soy sauce to it and then put it back on the gas stove and allow it to a simmer.
Ingredients for Chicken Ramen
9 cups chicken broth
8 ounces bean sprouts
20 ounces ramen noodles
2 to 3 green onions
Use thinly sliced part of two green onions (the bottom can be used for preparing fennel oil)
1 7-minute egg ( make sure they are sliced in half)
1 pack of A-Sha noodles
1. Take a large pan and pour nearly 4 cups of chicken broth in it and then bring it to a simmer. After that add chicken breasts in it and cook it for around 8 minutes. Remove the chicken breast and slice them into pieces
2. Once you are done with slicing chicken breasts, you should boil around 4 quarts of salted water in a pan and blanch the sprouts in it. Make sure that you do not allow the sprouts to stay in the boiling water for more than 20 seconds. Strain the sprouts and put them in cold water and then keep them aside for some time.
3. Now you should boil the water so that you can cook noodles in it. Once you are ready with the water pour around 5 ounces of noodles in it and cook them for around 2 minutes. While your noodles are still getting cooked serve 10 ounces of chicken broth in a bowl.
4. Strain the noodles and then add them to the same bowl where you have served the broth. Adjust the noodles in such a fashion that you can create a flat surface and add the toppings.
5. As far as toppings are concerned you can use anything that you like such as pickled veggies, bamboo shoots, and corn kernels etc. You should repeat the same procedure when it comes to serving.
6. In the end, garnish the dish that you have served in the bowl with bean sprouts ( that you have blanched), sliced chicken pieces and green onions. In the end, add the fennel oil on top of the garnished dish.