Makes one 9″ cake
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (or full-fat Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup freeze-dried corn
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ round cake pan and line it with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (at least 3 minutes in a stand mixer).
- Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk, and beat until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and creme fraiche and mix until the batter just comes together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together all the streusel ingredients until crumbly but not too fine. Spread the streusel evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes: Remove from the oven once a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.