Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well with each one.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time and beat until it just comes together.
- Add the oats and raisins and stir until just combined and thoroughly distributed.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet using a 1/3- or 1/4-cup scoop. Leave a few inches between each as they will spread.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and still quite soft in the center. Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.