- 1 cup carrot, diced large
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup no-sugar added creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss carrots and broccoli in 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat well and lay in one single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minute until carrots are soft and begin to char.
Toss the remaining oil, salt, and pepper with the garbanzo beans. Coat well and lay in one single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes just until beans begin to roast but are still soft. Over cooking the garbanzo beans will make them too crunchy.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor except for the roasted peanuts. Blend well. Remove blade and gently stir in roasted nuts. Reserve about 1/4 cup and pour the remainder over roasted vegetables and chickpeas and gently toss.
Divide the brown rice between 4 serving bowls, about 1/2 cup each. Place spinach on top, only covering about 1/3 of the rice. Repeat with the bean sprouts, again only covering about 1/3 of the rice. Fill the remaining 1/3 of the bowl with the chickpea and vegetable mixture. Drizzle with the reserved peanut sauce and enjoy!