- Four 350-gram (12-ounce) monkfish tails
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sumac
- 4 teaspoons za’atar
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried chile flakes
- Salatet fattoush, to serve (see headnote for link)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). Place the monkfish on a baking tray.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and season to taste—you may want to add more salt or lemon. Rub the mixture all over the monkfish so that it is evenly coated and place the squeezed lemon halves on the tray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer depending on the size of the fish, checking to make sure it doesn’t overcook. When it’s ready, remove and serve with Salatet Fattoush.